The Finzi Friends was formed in 1982 and exists to foster interest in Gerald Finzi’s music, promote more live performances and a greater appreciation of his contribution to English music.
- A newsletter is published twice a year.
- A lecture or recital and lunch is organised at the Three Choirs Festival each year.
- The work of the Finzi Trust is furthered by organising other events such as Choral Workshops, recitals and lectures.
- There are occasional visits to places connected with the composer.
- Triennial Weekends of English Song in Ludlow are organised (the first being held in 2001 – Gerald Finzi’s Centenary year) and with Iain Burnside as Artistic Director. Ludlow English Song Weekend LESW was inspired by the musical world of Gerald Finzi. It was originally promoted by the Finzi Friends and administered for many years by Jim Page and Jennie McGregor-Smith. The Finzi Friends continue to support LESW, whose remit has widened under the Artistic Directorship of Iain Burnside to promote English song more widely
- The Finzi Friends has its own web site, https://finzifriends.org.uk/